Double prepositions are composed of two prepositions (joined together) to form one preposition. Usually, a prefix is joined with a word/preposition to form the double preposition. The list includes: without, amid, outside, inside, within, throughout, into, onto etc.
Examples of double prepositions in context:
- The truth lies within.
- Where are you bob? I am Inside.
- Amid the chaos, we found a solution.
- James left school without a diploma.
- Upon arriving we decided to check for a spot to sit down.
- Without my friends, I would be nowhere.